Dear Volunteer Partners and Supporters,
In the midst of COVID-19 cancellations and concerns, we would like to let each of you know CSI’s plans for cleanliness and community safety. In order to minimize the spread of COVID-19, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommend practicing social distancing, hand hygiene and disinfection. Here at CSI, we believe it is important to do our part to help our community stay safe by following these recommendations. We ask each of you to please participate in the following practices, so that we may reduce the risk of exposure as we continue to protect water together.
- If you are experiencing any health symptoms do not participate in monitoring events. Please notify Outreach Coordinator Nathaniel Launer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 257-6606. Nate will help coordinate fellow volunteers or CSI staff to collect the samples.
- Stream samples should ideally be collected in groups no larger than three whenever feasible.
- Try to maintain a separation of 3 to 6 feet between members of your group.
- All water samples will be received at a sample drop-off station set up in the hallway outside of CSI’s lab. Hand sanitizer and pens will be provided at this station.
- Please refer to our online calendar, found on our website homepage at www.communityscience.org, to stay up-to-date with all CSI events and/or cancellations.
Our water monitoring community, and the relationships we have with one another, is the heart of everything we do to protect water. Now, as always, it is important to support each other in our shared mission.
We look forward to protecting water together this monitoring season!
With kind regards,
The CSI Team